Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist
Needed skills are:
• Effective communication
• Time management
• Create and maintain community relationships, specifically with employers, to place participants in jobs
• Meet with potential clients to discover employment desires and find ways to help them gain employment to enhance job skills
• Paperwork which includes keeping track of billable hours
• Write programs and plan for clients to work on during employment
• Train and oversee employees (job coaches)
• Maintain employee staffing schedule and communication with staff regarding scheduling issues
• Fill in shifts with participants if needed
• Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred but not needed)
• Management experience
• Sales experience
Direct Support Professional
- Implement program intervention strategies
- Record and monitor data.
- Provide transportation services as necessary.
- Ensure participant safety.
- Adhere to standards, policies, and procedures.
- Attend required training and review meetings.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Competent with paperwork
- One year working with individuals with disabilities preferred
- Certified or able to be certified in CPR and First Aid
- Able to become SAMS Certified for medications
- Free of communicable diseases
- Possess a valid Idaho drivers license with a clear driving record
- Pass a background check and be approved by Health and Welfare
- Be able to make observations of non-verbal behaviors
- Physically able to assist with daily living activities such as pushing a wheelchair